into the mountains
Dates: May through October
Subject to availability
Easy, lift accessed guided hiking
High quality hotel stays
Journey into the sublime, easily accessed mountainscapes of Zermatt. Walk in the shadows of giants: the Weisshorn, the Dom, The Taschhorn and the might, iconic Matterhorn.
Easy adventuring in comfort and style: Immersed in the high alpine country among glaciers and soaring ridges, yet nestled by night in deluxe, hand picked accommodations, offering the best of Swiss hospitality, elegance, and fine dining.
- Flights from North America. All other locations available on request.
- First class rail transfers to resort (Private shuttle options available on request)
- 5 star hotel stays. Choose between in town or mountain locations
- Zermatt travel pass
- Hiking guide
- Gourmet dining throughout
- Day one: Depart home country
- Day two: Arrive in Switzerland, transfer to Zermatt and check into your accommodations.
- Day three: Enjoy a leisurely breakfast, then meet your guide. In the afternoon, take your first easy stroll close to Zermatt
- Day four: Travel into the high alpine by rail or cable car, hiking out along easy high level trails to enjoy lunch at the stunning Gornergrat Bergstation
- Day five: Taking mountain transport to the high alpine, this is your day to come face to face with thousand year old glacier ice.
- Day six: With your guide, explore a desolate glaciated valley. See the processes of landscape formation first hand.
- Day seven: Wandering some lower level trails, meet local farmers and residents, the people who have made this valley their home for generations.
- Day eight: Your final day of hiking, heading out into the wildest sections of the Zermatt backcountry. Landscaped by glaciers, bleached of colour. A day no one could forget.
- Day nine: Check out of your accommodations. Journey home, or onward to other destinations.
– From $8,995 CAD per person, based on double occupancy, departing North America. Departures possible on request from all major airports worldwide. Please enquire.
Frequently Asked Questions
How fit do I need to be? You should be of an average level of fitness, able to walk for a couple hours per day.
Is this too extreme for me? We’re not climbing the Matterhorn, just looking at it. No activity on this trip is more demanding than a mild hike.
What are the accommodations? You will be staying in one of our two selected five star accommodation providers.
How does catering happen? Breakfasts and dinners are served in your hotel.
What prepation should I make for this trip? We will provide you with a detailed information pack well before your departure date. This will guide you through the process of prepartion and also provide all important information regarding your travel and in resort services.
Do I need to worry about the altitude? No. Whilst you will be going into the mountains, your elevation will never be extreme. In the rare event that you are adversely affected by altitude, your guide will quickly return you to lower elevations.
What equipment do I need? No special gear required. Bring your normal hiking clothes and shoes/ boots.
Available May through October